City of Colorado Springs / Municipal CourtMunicipal Court
The information on this site pertains only to the Municipal Court for the City of Colorado Springs. It is not intended to provide legal advice, but rather general information the public should know about the court and its process.
***False Email Notifications to Appear in Municipal Court***
The City of Colorado Springs Municipal Court has been made aware that false emails titled "Notification of Appearance in Court" have been sent to members of the public from a source other than the Municipal Court. Please note that the Colorado Springs Municipal Court does not send Notifications to Appear in Court via email. Any official email correspondence from the Colorado Springs Municipal Court would come from an @springsgov.com email address.
This is a typical phishing scam and the attachment in the email likely contains Malware. Malware is software used, or programmed, by attackers to distribute malicious code to disrupt computer operations, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. Malware will often be in the form of email attachments and/or links. NEVER click on links or open attachments from unknown, suspicious senders. It is also important to have an antivirus program installed on your computer.
If you have been the recipient of a suspicious email, you can report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.
City of Colorado Springs Municipal Court
224 E. Kiowa Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
The Colorado Springs Municipal Court is housed in the Robert M. Isaac Municipal Court Building, 224 E. Kiowa Street, Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is in the downtown area at the corner of Kiowa and Weber Streets. (Kiowa is a one way street heading east, away from the mountains.)
The court may be easily accessed from Interstate 25 by using the Bijou Street exit. If you follow the Bijou exit east, it will lead directly to the court on the left hand side just before Weber Street. Parking is available in the city parking garage at the corner of Nevada Avenue and Kiowa Street or at many metered parking spaces.
- Normal business hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. The main phone number is (719) 385-5922. All court sessions are open to the public. One may wish to sit and observe a court session before they are scheduled to appear.
- The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over violations of city charter provisions and city ordinances. Some violations require an appearance in court, while others may be resolved by simply paying a fine instead of appearing. Court proceedings are governed by city ordinances, court rules, and state statutes. Court employees are not allowed to give legal advice, but will be happy to answer procedural questions.
- The Municipal Court handles all types of traffic and criminal violations. Many of the traffic violations are payable prior to court, but most criminal violations require an appearance in court before a judge. Citations involving an animal are considered criminal violations.
- Please check your summons. If your summons is on a long form and:
then you have been properly written into this court.
- was written by a Colorado Springs Police Officer
- has a blue horizontal color bar at the bottom and
- states you are to appear at 224 E. Kiowa,
- If your summons was written by a state patrol officer or a deputy sheriff, has a green horizontal color bar at the bottom, and states you are to appear at 270 S. Tejon St., contact the El Paso Combined Courts at (719) 452-5000 or at www.gofourth.org. Otherwise, contact the court indicated on your summons.
- It is the policy of the Colorado Springs Municipal Court to be fully in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. It is the goal of this court to REASONABLY accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Should a specific accommodation be needed, please notify the court ahead of time at (719) 385-5928 or notify the clerk in the courtroom on your court date. Should an interpreter be necessary for your court appearance, please e-mail the court IN ADVANCE at: PReception@springsgov.com