Updates: Media Briefing (www.vimeo.com/103287228)
After being closed for 3 ½ months the Incline will be reopening on Friday, December 5th, at 10 a.m., after a reopening celebration.
In case you forgot over the last couple of months, there are rules to the Incline. Please refresh your memory of these rules before you head on up:
WARNING: This is an EXTREME trail.
- Use at your own risk
- Do not attempt this trail if you are not used to hiking at altitude or have trouble climbing a standard flight of stairs
- Consult with your doctor before adding the Incline to your exercise routine
- If you need medical attention on the Incline, it could take First Responders over an hour to get to you
Incline hours are DAWN to DUSK
- Be respectful of the neighbors who live on Ruxton Ave.- would you like to be woken up with beeping and slamming of car doors?
- If you trip in the dark, a First Responder could as well
NO DOGS ALLOWED:
- We love hiking with our pets, but dogs off leash or dogs on long leashes become hazards to other hikers and to themselves.
- The excessive amount of dog waste that has been left behind is becoming a health issue.
Recommended: UPHILL ONLY! Please use Barr Trail for your descent.
Please be RESPECTFUL of all hikers:
- Stay on the designated trail corridor, don’t blaze your own trail to get down faster
- Slower hikers stay to the right
- Pack out your trash
- Utilize the port-a-lets before you start your hike
These rules and regulations were vetted during the master plan process and are required by the property owners. Failure to comply with these regulations could result in permits and agreements being revoked. If you enjoy using the Incline please respect the rules and regulations, other hikers and the property owners…the Incline is on public and private land.
For more information on how you can get involved with the Incline please visit www.InclineFriends.com
Funding for this project has been made possible by:
- Great Outdoors Colorado Grant
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- State Trails Grant
- The City of Colorado Springs
- The City of Manitou Springs
- Incline Friends