Back to Real Estate Services

P.O. Box 1575, Mail Code 525, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-1575
30 S. Nevada Avenue, Suite 502
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: 719-385-5920
Fax: 719-385-5610
Email: realestateservices. . .
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday thru Friday

City of Colorado Springs / Real Estate Services / Easement Vacation

Easement Vacation

Submit the following documents to Real Estate Services:
  1. Signed Public Request for Services Form. Form must be signed by the applicant and property owner;
  2. Utility locates. Contact Central Locators by dialing 811 locally (800) 922-1987 out of the area) to request and obtain written proof showing the locations of all utility lines on the property); 
  3. Survey showing the easement, or portion of easement to be vacated (if easement is to be vacated in its entirety, a site plan drawn to scale will suffice for this purpose), note: if Colorado Springs Utilities has lines in the area, the lines may also need to be shown on the survey; and
  4. Check or money order for payment of the fee.
  5. Statement of Authority, if applicable.
If approved, a quitclaim deed will be processed by the City. 
If the City requires Exhibits for the Deed, they must be prepared by a Colorado Licensed Professional Land Surveyor, be signed and sealed, and consist of the following:
Exhibit A - a legal description of the area to be vacated; and
Exhibit B - a depiction of the area being vacated.
The property owner may be required to execute an acceptance of any acknowledgments on the quitclaim deed.
The applicant must pay the recording fees.
Click here to see a "Guide to Easement Vacations & Easement Encroachments".
Questions regarding Easement Vacations should be directed to Barbara Reinardy at (719) 385-5601 or