Design & Development of new Parks, Trails and Facilities
The Design & Development Division provides professional landscape architectural design and contract construction management for all capital improvements projects within Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services.
Planning and design is accomplished by staff with community input. Development is coordinated by staff and contracted with local firms.
The goal to have 25 acres of parkland for every 1,000 citizens has been achieved. It is a continuing mission and challenge to provide adequate parkland and recreational facilities for our growing community.
The Design and Development Division's primary services include:
- Provide complete cost efficient contract drawings and specifications.
- Provide technical support for development of trails in accordance with the Multi-Use Trails Master Plan.
- Coordinate park development projects with other departments and agencies, both public and private.
- Ensure that new and renovated park development projects are completed in a safe and financially responsible manner according to contract standards. Closely supervise and manage construction contracts with periodic on-site inspections.
- Utilize the latest state of the art Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawing and production techniques for contract drawings and specifications for bidding purposes.
- Closely monitor actual construction costs with staff cost estimates on all capital projects currently in production so that future capital budgets will closely match current construction costs.