The Colorado Springs Fire Department does allow citizens to ride along on a fire engine.
- Riders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Riders are allowed to ride two times per year for up to twelve hours each time.
- There is no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that you will respond to a fire, medical emergency, traffic accident, or other emergency call for service.
- Riders are observers only and will not participate unless directly asked to do so by the Officer in charge.
- Riders are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, and disregard for this expectation may result in denial of future ridealongs.
- Applicants with the Colorado Springs Fire Department may not do ridealongs.
To schedule a ridealong, please go directly to the fire station you wish to ride with and ask to speak to an officer. They will give you a form to fill out and give you the proper instructions.