Colorado Springs Police Department
Citizen Advisory Committees
The Citizen?s Advisory Committees (CAC) assist the Colorado Springs Police Department in a multitude of different areas. Each Division command has its own CAC.
- Provide feedback to the CSPD regarding community interests and opinions.
- Use skills to aid the CSPD staff on tasks and requests.
- Be a positive representative for the CSPD in community relations.
- Make recommendations on public safety issues, delivery of service, and provide feedback on whether the CSPD is exceeding the community?s expectations.
- Serve as a community advocate for the department outreach to all citizens.
- Many CAC members volunteer in a variety of different areas of expertise to assist the CASP in meeting their goal of exceeding community expectations.
- CAC members and volunteers participate in specialized training.
Qualifications for perspective members:
- Be a law abiding citizen with good intent.
- Pass required background and reference checks.
- Have a strong belief that to create a safe community to live in requires its citizens giving back and not just taking.
- Requires a 1 year minimum commitment.
- Must complete a ride-a-long with a sworn member of the CSPD.
For information regarding the CAC please contact the Crime Prevention Officer for your area:
|Sand Creek Division:||444-7276|
|Stetson Hills Division:||444-3168|
|Gold Hill Division:||444-7593|