Fire Station 13--1475 Cresta Rd.
The southwestern areas of Colorado Springs (Ivywild, Cheyenne Canon, Skyway, Stratton Meadows and Broadmoor) were annexed by city council in November of 1978. The annexation committed the Colorado Springs Fire Department to responding to those areas and Engine 12 was put into service at Station 4. The annexation was opposed by many in the affected areas. Due to legal wrangling, construction of the fire station was not completed for almost 6 years. Between the time of annexation and the implementation of CSFD services to the annexed areas, the fire station in Rockrimmon was completed and designated as Station 12.
When the southwestern station finally opened on April 20, 1984, it was designated Station 13. It is the home of crews trained in high angle rescue who compliment the similarly trained crews at Station 5.