Fire Station 6--2430 N. Union Blvd.
Engine 6 began operations as the second engine company at Station 2 in February of 1951. This addition of a second pumper was in response to the rapid growth northeast that Colorado Springs experienced following World War II.
The company remained at Station 2 until August of 1956 when work was completed on their new quarters at the southwest comer of Van Buren and Union. Although the station was built to accommodate the growth to the northeast, growth was so rapid that Station 6 became a convenient hub. The station housed the District Chief's office and living quarters when the fire department split into two districts.
Station 6 was the first home to the hazardous materials response team, which was formed and staffed by crews of Engine 6 beginning in June of 1981.
Station 6 currently contains an engine company (pumper) and a brush truck for extinguishing fires in off-road areas of the city.