Fire Station 1--29 S. Weber St.
The first engine company of professional firefighters was housed in a two-story brick building on Lots 18 through 20 of South Nevada Avenue. This is the building now housing the Municipal Utilities Office. The current Station 1 was built as the central fire station at the northeast comer of Colorado Avenue and Weber Street. Firefighters took up residence on December 28, 1925. At various times throughout its existence, Station 1 has been the site of a drill tower, the alarm office/ dispatch center as well as providing office space for the Department Chief, his assistants and long time fire department secretary, Mrs. Walt. Because remodeling and updating changes to the original building have been mainly interior, the station house itself looks much as it did 75 years ago. The drill tower has been torn down, and office space for fire administration was added at the south end of the lot. Fire Dispatch has moved twice and is now located in the Police Operations Center on South Nevada Avenue.
Station 1 houses Engine 1, Truck 1, and the District 1 Battalion Chief.