Metro Rides Bike to Work Day and Corporate Challenge Event ...
Registration is Now Open!
Metro Rides, a division of Mountain Metropolitan Transit, organizes Bike to Work Day each June to encourage bicycling for personal and community health, alternative transportation, recreation and sustainability. This year, Metro Rides Bike to Work Day will be held June 15.
Registration is required and if you sign up by May 15th you can enjoy a free breakfast at convenient locations throughout the community and be entered in a drawing for some great bike gear. Sign up by May 31st and your breakfast is still free; after that a $5.00 late registration fee will be charged.
- Have your bike checked over by your local bike shop;
- Always wear a helmet to protect your head;
- Ride in the far right lane;
- Obey all stop signs, traffic lights and lane markings;
- Look before you change lanes and/or signal a turn; indicate your intention, then act; and
- Be visible and predictable at all times; wear bright clothing and signal turns.
Mountain Metropolitan Transit provides fixed-route bus service and Metro Mobility service for Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region, as well as other services such as ridesharing, FrontRange Express and the Ute Pass Express commuter services. For added convenience, Mountain Metropolitan Transit offers bike racks on all buses through its bike-n-bus program.
For additional information regarding Mountain Metropolitan Transit please visit www.SpringsGov.com/transit, or call (719) 385-RIDE (7433).