Mountain Metro Rides
Friday, June 06, 2014
21st Annual Bike to Work Day and Corporate Challenge Event Registration is Now Open!
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.—Wednesday, June 25 marks the 21st anniversary of Mountain Metro Rides Bike to Work Day. Mountain Metro Rides, a division of Mountain Metropolitan Transit, organizes Bike to Work Day each June to encourage bicycling for personal and community health, alternative transportation, recreation and sustainability.
New to this year’s event, the downtown breakfast location will be held at Acacia Park at 115 E. Platte Ave. and a fourth breakfast location will be added at the YMCA at 2190 Jet Wing Drive. Registration is open -- sign up today!
• Have your bike checked over by your local bike shop
• Always wear a helmet to protect your head
• Ride in the far right lane
• Obey all stop signs, traffic lights and lane markings
• Look before you change lanes and/or signal a turn; indicate your intention, then act
• Be visible and predictable at all times; wear bright clothing and signal turns
Mountain Metropolitan Transit provides local fixed-route bus service and Mountain Metro Mobility ADA paratransit service for Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region. All buses are wheelchair-lift equipped. Mountain Metropolitan Transit also provides other services such as Mountain Metro Rides’ ridesharing, vanpool, and bicycling programs. For added convenience, there are bike racks on all buses for riders who want to utilize the bike-n-busprogram. For additional information regarding Mountain Metropolitan Transit please visit www.mmtransit.com, or call (719) 385-RIDE (7433).