2015 LART Application Workshops Scheduled
On Tuesday, May 20 and Friday, May 30, City Council staff will host a Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax (LART) Workshop for 2015 applicants.
In addition to the City’s sales tax on lodging services, there is a tax on the sale of lodging, campground space and car rentals. Monies from this tax are required to be used for tourism or economic development purposes — events, projects and services that attract visitors or enhance the economy of the City and Pikes Peak Region.
The workshops will cover application deadlines and specific guidelines for filling out the application.
- Tuesday, May 20, from 6-8 p.m., City Hall, 107 North Nevada Avenue, Academy Room.
- Friday, May 30, from noon-2 p.m., City Hall, 107 North Nevada Avenue, Pikes Peak Conference Room.
2015 LART Application Deadlines:
- Monday, June 30– application deadline
- Thursday, July 10- Applicant presentations to LART Committee
- Thursday, Aug. 14-Applicant presentations to LART Committee
- Tuesday, Aug. 26- Final LART Committee Recommendations presented to City Council
Please contact Samantha Gunther at (719) 385-5453 to R.S.V.P for a workshop.