Back
line





City of Colorado Springs / Fire / News

Structure Fire at 954 Kettle Rock Ct.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014


Colorado Springs, CO – On March 14, 2014 at 9:58 a.m., Colorado Springs firefighters were dispatched to a reported structure fire at 954 Kettle Rock Ct.  The first CSFD engine arrived in 10 minutes to find smoke coming from the doors and eaves.

CSFD responded to this single alarm fire call with six heavy apparatus and several support units. Approximately 35 CSFD firefighters and support personnel were on scene. In addition, Donald Wescott Fire Department responded with two heavy apparatus, the Fire Chief, and the Assistant Fire Chief.  The DWFD arrived on scene first and their Fire Chief was the Incident Commander for all of the resources.  Other agencies that supported the incident include the Colorado Springs Police Department, Colorado Springs Utilities, American Medical Response, the American Red Cross, and the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

There were no reported firefighter or civilian injures from this incident. Four dogs died in the fire.  One dog was rescued by firefighters. Three people were displaced from the home.

The CSFD estimates that $429,254 of property/content was saved; the overall loss was $286,604 in property/content.

The fire is determined to be accidental due to a probable electrical failure in the home’s electrical wiring.

CSFD reminds everyone to install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of the home, including the basement.  Larger homes may require additional smoke alarms to provide a minimum level of protection.  Also make a home escape plan.  Discuss the plan with everyone in your household, including visitors.