Back
line





City of Colorado Springs / Fire / News

Structure Fire at 2513 Linda Lane
Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Colorado Springs, CO – On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 6:55 p.m., Colorado Springs firefighters were dispatched to a reported structure fire at 2513 Linda Lane. The first CSFD engine arrived within six minutes to find a working fire in the kitchen. Crews were met by the occupant who had self-evacuated prior to the fire department’s arrival.  

CSFD responded to this single alarm fire call with seven apparatus including two fire engines, two fire trucks, hazmat, heavy rescue and medical and support personnel. There were approximately 30 firefighters and support personnel on scene.

The occupant of the home was displaced. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Information on value of contents and property lost/saved was not available at the time of release.

The occupant reported that he left food cooking on the stove unattended.

The CSFD wants to remind our community to never leave food unattended on cooking appliances while in use. Everyone should have a fire extinguisher specifically designed for kitchen fires located near the kitchen and know how to properly use it.