Mayor Bach vetoes budget items and section of 2014 Budget Ordinance
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Today Mayor Steve Bach signed his veto of several budget items and of certain sections of the 2014 Budget Ordinance that was passed by City Council on Tuesday (Ordinance 13-77).
At a press conference today, the mayor explained reasons for his veto to changes in the following:
- City Parks watering
- Police Department
- Deputy Director of Office of Emergency Management
- Convention and Visitor Bureau funding
- Regional Business Alliance funding
Mayor Bach also explained and read from a letter he sent to Council that accompanies his veto. The letter explains why Council’s efforts in the Appropriation Ordinance, violate the City of Colorado Springs Charter and the separation of powers.
Attached please find the following:
- Mayor’s veto and letter to Council - click here to view
- Total number of job increase for Colorado Springs ('01-'13) compared to other regional cities click here to view
- Comparison of rates paid by Front Range cities to water City Parks - click here to view