New Credit Card Parking Meters in Downtown Colorado Springs
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Mayor Steve Bach will attend the installation of the City’s newest credit card –enabled parking meters in front of the City Administration Building on Friday, November 1 at 11:15 a.m., at the intersection of Colorado and Nevada Avenue (30 S. Nevada Avenue).
The City of Colorado Springs is exchanging approximately 882 downtown parking meters with new credit card-enabled meters. Installation will be completed by Friday, November 1, 2013. Areas included are:
- The downtown core from Vermijo Street to Boulder Street and Cascade Avenue to Nevada Avenue
- Colorado Avenue in the Old Colorado City area
- A few other high-use areas
- New meters will accept VISA, Master Card and coins, (NO Easy Park Cards)
- Remaining meters (approximately 1,600) will continue to accept Easy Park Cards and coins
- New hours of operation for the credit card-enabled meters in downtown core will be from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. Hours of operation for all other meters will remain the same.
- An instructional video on how to use the meters can be viewed at http://vimeo.com/65824595
Media Note: For more information and to schedule interviews, contact Krithika Prashant, Senior Communications Specialist at (719) 491-0363.