One-Stop Location Brings Together Agencies and Services for Flood Victims
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Colorado Springs, Colo. -- The Colorado Springs Disaster Assistance Center will open Thursday, Sept 19, at 12 p.m. at Cañon Elementary School, located at 1201 West Cheyenne Road, across from Cheyenne Mountain Jr. High School. The center offers one-stop services to Colorado Springs residents impacted by recent flooding.
Hours of operation:
Thursday: Noon – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
Phone: (719) 385-INFO (4636)- only available during Center hours
Confirmed Contributing Agencies:
- Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management
- Colorado Springs Public Works
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- El Paso County Public Health Department
- Pikes Peak Red Cross
- Aspen Pointe
- Colorado Department of Local Affairs
- Colorado Department of Revenue
- 211 Pikes Peak United Way Community Resource
- Apartment Association of Southern Colorado
Additional agencies may be added to the center’s services prior to its opening Thursday. Grief counselors and local nonprofits will also be offering their services.