Mountain Shadows Flood Preparedness Community Meeting
Thursday, April 25, 2013
The City of Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management will host a resident preparedness meeting on the post Waldo Canyon Fire flood risk Tuesday, May 7 for Mountain Shadows residents and the general public.
Mountain Shadows Flood Preparedness Meeting
May 7, 2013
6 to 8 p.m.
Sanctuary at Front Range Alliance Church
5210 Centennial Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
The meeting will provide education and updated information with regard to the increased flood risk following damage to vegetation in the Waldo Canyon burn scar, and the city’s planned response to a potential flash flood. Speakers will spend the first part of the evening addressing key issues relating to flood risk in Mountain Shadows.
- Reality of flooding-What is the risk?
- Mitigation efforts already underway
- Future mitigation efforts
- Weather forecasting and potential flood impact areas
- Mitigation efforts-what can you do?
- Emergency Preparedness-Know Your Risk, Make Your Plan, Improve Your Outcome
- Stay Informed-Notification methods for flood warnings
- City Response
The meeting location is wheelchair accessible. Reasonable accommodations for the deaf and hard of hearing through closed captioning or sign language interpreter will be provided upon request. Please notify Vickie Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-385-5957. Requests should be made at least 5 days prior to the event to assure accommodations can be provided. Every effort will be made to fulfill requests made within 5 days, but cannot be guaranteed.