National Crime Victims' Rights Week Exciting Events
Monday, April 22, 2013
Press Release 1304-017
Friday, April 19, 2013, 12:30 PM [RELEASE AT WILL]
Each April, communities throughout the country observe National Crime Victims’ Rights Week by promoting events while honoring crime victims and those who advocate on their behalf. Following is a list of activities that will be taking place in Colorado Springs.
April 21 – 27, 2013 “Judged by Judges”
- Art contest displayed in the Courthouse all week and to be judged by County Judges and Magistrates on April 25.
- Local Retailers to donate 10% of proceeds to VRW Committee
Sunday, April 21st from 12:30 to 4:00 pm
- Doris Rivera-Black from Never A Victim will provide a Self Defense class for women. Presented by Jeff Lindsay/DAO Staff
District Attorney’s Office 4th floor conference room.
Monday, April 22nd at noon
- Leader’s Run at the Pioneer’s Museum Park for law enforcement and local advocacy department leaders.
Tuesday, April 23rd at 2:00 pm
- Decisions: Presentation by Officer Sheyna Marshall: A Victim Impact Perspective
District Attorney’s Office 4th floor conference room
Wednesday, April 24th
- All day – Denim day (with supervisors approval) Wear jeans to support victims of sexual assault. Donate $1.00 to support Tessa
- 2:00 pm Presentation by EPSO Chief Al Harmon: DUI Victim Impact Perspective at the 3rd floor Community Room - EPSO
Friday, April 26th at 11:30-1:00 pm
- Personal Safety for Children: What adults need to know! Presentation by Kidpower and Safe Passage
CSPD Community Room at the POC 705 S. Nevada Avenue
Saturday, April 27th at 9:00 am
- 5k run / 1 mile walk North Monument Valley Park Sponsored by the District Attorney’s Office
- 12:30 pm Walk a mile in her shoes! Event by Tessa at Bancroft Park in Old Colorado City.