Drake Task Force Selects Firms to Present Proposals
In today’s meeting, the following three firms were selected to present their proposals to conduct a Study of Alternatives Related to the Potential Decommissioning of the Martin Drake Power Plant to the Drake Task Force:
- HDR Engineering Inc., headquarters in Ann Arbor, Mich., with five offices in Colorado, including Colorado Springs.
- Black & Veatch, headquarters in Overland Park, Kan., with offices in Colorado Springs and Englewood, Colo.
- Environmental Resources Management (ERM), headquarters in Walnut Creek, Calif., with an office in Denver, Colo.
The Request for Proposals was issued on Feb. 19 by Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU). Pursuant to SOQ-GM-103890, CSU pre-qualified eight firms to submit proposals to the Task Force – six out of eight submitted proposals. The Task Force then used the following criteria to narrow the selection to the three firms:
March 29 meeting rules and procedures:
- Consultant’s confidential pricing shall not be discussed.
- Each consultant should be invited to speak one at a time; no consultant or their representatives should be permitted to hear the presentations of their competition.
- No audio/video recordings shall be permitted.
- No public questioning of presenters.