Council to Hold Combined Meeting
On Tuesday, Jan. 22, City Council will hold a combined Informal and Formal meeting due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, Jan. 21.
Tuesday’s meeting will begin at 1 p.m. with the Formal Meeting followed by the Informal Meeting.
Agenda items include the following ballot measures and appointment of the Martin Drake Task Force.
- City Sales and Use Tax for Trials, Open Space, and Parks (TOPS)
- Colorado Springs Utilities Contract Authority
- Councilmember Compensation
- Elected Board of Directors of Colorado Springs Utilities
- Elected City Attorney
Martin Drake Task Force appointments:
- Alan Hale, retired; former vice-president and CFO, Maxim Integrated Products.
- Dan Malinaric, managing director, Atmel Corporation; former etch engineering manager, Philips Semiconductors.
- Diana Dean, professional engineer II, State of Colorado Department of Corrections; former base energy manager, United States Air Force Academy.
- Howard Brooks, executive director, Energy Resource Center; former vice-president, Pikes Peak United Way.
- Jason Doedderlein, owner, Profuturus, LLC; former business development, National Energy Services Company.
- Robert Holzwarth, consultant, Electric and Gas Utilities; former vice-president, Basin Electric Power Cooperative, Bismarck, N.D.
- Sarah Brittain Jack, principal, Sarah B Jack & Associates; former executive director, El Paso County Republican Party.
- Steve Durham, executive director, Colorado Private School Association; former president, Colorado Winning Edge, Inc.
- Tom Zwirlein, faculty director, Economic Forum, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
Agendas can be viewed online at: www.springsgov.com/Agendas.aspx.
The combined meeting will be held in Council Chambers located on the third floor of City Hall at 107 N. Nevada Avenue. Public welcome; public comment permitted.