Community Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 12:00 PM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Jimmie Louis Lillie has moved to a new address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. Lillie is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Lillie’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Lillie’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=4442
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Lillie registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Lillie’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Sexual Assault on a Child in 2005 in El Paso County Colorado.
Lillie has also been convicted of 3rd Degree Assault, twice, Felony Theft, twice, Distribution of a Controlled substance, Possession/Sale of a Controlled Substance, Violation of a Restraining Order, Misdemeanor Theft and resisting arrest.
Lillie has been registered in Colorado Springs since 03-22-12 and has recently moved to and registered at a new address; 408 Placid Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910. Lillie is described as being a black male, 55 years old, 6’0” tall, 194 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes.
Lillie is one of eleven (11) “Sexually Violent Predators” registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Sgt. Bill Dehart of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7808 or Detective Rob Meredith at 719-444-7665.