Community Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:50 PM [RELEASE AT WILL]
In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Kevin Logan Alter has moved to an address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction and will be under probation supervision. Alter is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Alter’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Alter’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: www.springsgov.com. Click on Departments then click on Police.
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Alter registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Alter’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Sexual Assault on a Child by One in a Position of Trust and Aggravated Incest in 2006 in El Paso County Colorado.
Alter has also been convicted of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, 3rd Degree Assault and Failure to Register as a Sex Offender.
Alter is registered and residing at 2722 Willamette Place, Colorado Springs, CO 80909. Alter is described as being a white male, 31 years old, 5’10” tall, 195 lbs, with blonde hair and blue eyes.
Alter is one of eleven (11) “Sexually Violent Predators” registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Sgt. Bill Dehart of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7808.