Treecycle your Christmas Tree
Friday, December 28, 2012
El Paso County, in partnership with the City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services, will be offering seasonal recycling services to all citizens for disposal of natural/grown Christmas trees at seven convenient "Treecycle" drop-off locations countywide on two consecutive weekends with an extended location continuing to accept trees through January.
Designated Treecycle sites, listed below will operate on two consecutive weekends: Saturday & Sunday, December 29 & 30, 2012 and January 5 & 6, 2013, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Baptist Road Trailhead…….Baptist Road & Old Denver Highway
- Falcon Trailhead…………....Southwest of Woodmen Road & McLaughlin Road
- Cottonwood Creek Park…...Dublin Boulevard & Montarbor Drive
- Sky Sox Stadium……………Barnes Road & Tutt Boulevard
- Rock Ledge Ranch…………Gateway Road (to Garden of the Gods) & 30th Street
- Memorial Park…………….....Pikes Peak Avenue & Union Boulevard
- Rocky Top Resources*…....1755 E. Las Vegas Street
*Rocky Top Resources will operate as an extended Treecycle site from
December 26-31, 2012 and January 2-31, 2013 (CLOSED SUNDAYS)
8am - 4pm, Monday - Saturday
A tax-deductible, minimum donation of $5 per tree will be used to support Colorado Springs Youth Sports, Inc. and the El Pomar Youth Sports Park for sports programs throughout El Paso County. El Paso County Treecycle sponsors and partners include: Asplundh; City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services; Colorado Springs Utilities; Colorado Springs Youth Sports, Inc.; Dick’s Sporting Goods; El Paso County government agencies; Rocky Top Resources; and SB Porta Bowl. For more information on the Treecycle program, access www.TreecycleCOS.org, www.elpasoco.com, or contact El Paso County Environmental Services at 520-7878.