City seeks volunteers to serve on the Human Relations Commission
Tuesday, October 02, 2012
The City of Colorado Springs is seeking applicants with a commitment to ensuring equal treatment and equal opportunity for all city residents to fill vacated seats on the Human Relations Commission (HRC). Commissioners will represent a diverse cross-section of the city's population, have experience with advocacy and reconciliation, especially among less privileged and minority communities, and work well with conflicting groups and interests. Commissioners must be able to commit to about five hours per week on HRC-related duties.
- Continue to promote an environment of fairness and respect among community members by ensuring inclusion and equity are supported in a meaningful and consistent manner.
- To develop ways to measure and monitor community relations.
- To encourage and engage members of the community to understand and appreciate the benefits of positive intergroup relations.
- To offer programs and services that help facilitate positive intergroup relations and community building.
- To proactively serve community members by facilitating collaborations and positive intergroup relations.
Send letters of interest and résumés no later than Friday, October 12, 2012 to email@example.com mail to City Council; Attention Marti Devine Sletta; P.O. Box 1575; Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
Or, fill out the Application for Appointment to a City Board, Committee or Commission, which can be found at www.SpringsGov.com by clicking on “Commissions and Committees” on the homepage. (The application cannot be submitted online at this time. Please send to the e-mail or physical address above.) For questions or more information, please call (719) 385-5453.